Inspire India congratulates all Indian finishers of Race Across America, and is proud to have provided this platform for Ultracycling in India to flourish!
Look forward to many more such stories from The Deccan Cliffhanger!
- The first Indians to cross the RAAM finish line successfully, a two person team of Mahendra and Hitendra Mahajan in 2015, who had qualified for RAAM at the Deccan Cliffhanger 1st edition in feb 2014!
- In the year 2017 India saw the first and the second RAAM SOLO finishers, both of whom qualified for RAAM at Deccan Cliffhanger in 2014 & 2015.
- Next to cross the finish line was team of 4, Sahyadri Cyclists, Rajendra Nehete and Ramankant Patil, Sandeep Shewale and Pankaj Marlesha, 2 of whom had done Deccan Cliffhanger as a team of 2 in the previous year.
- In 2019 Kabir Rachure successfully finished RAAM SOLO, having qualified for RAAM multiple times in Deccan Cliffhanger and also Ultra Spice Race and the Great Himalayan!
- In the same year 2019, Arham Shaikh, a Deccan Cliffhanger ‘groupie’ who had crewed and raced in team multiple times at DC raced in an 8 person team at RAAM!
The ULTRA SPICE Race which has been designed to act as a stepping stone for RAAM is also serving it’s purpose as it The Great Himalayan Ultra. The Great Himalayan is a test of mental preparedness to face extreme conditions!